Sewing Machine Operator
Production Sewers are responsible for Operating sewing machines to join, gather, French seam, or hem small component automotive parts. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proper operation of the sewing machine; includes threading the machine, winding the bobbin, and installing the bobbin.
- Demonstrates the ability to measure seam width and stitches per inch using ruler and stitch counter.
- Trims excess thread or material from parts as required.
- Produces quality products according to Operator Instruction Sheets and uses visual aids if needed.
- Understands how to determine good quality products and the impact of bad quality products.
- Places nonconforming products in designated areas.
- First off / last off comparison.
- Uses FIFO (first in first out) method by selecting materials with the oldest date first.
- Inspect the sewing machine for lint accumulations, sewing dust, pieces of thread, and other debris at the start of the shift.
- Cleans and oils machine as necessary.
- Meets and/or exceeds productivity requirements.
- General housekeeping and maintaining a clutter-free environment.
- Follows USF's policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Assure product meets established quality criteria of zero non-conformances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay & Benefits:
- No prior experience or training.
- On-the-job training is conducted and documented.
- Ability to communicate using basic English (Arabic Translator / Interpreter on-site).
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasion variables.
- $13-15 / hour
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Job Promotional Opportunities
Day Shift (6:00am - 4:00pm / Monday - Thursday) + Overtime as Required on FridaysIf interested & qualified, please e-mail your resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to US Farathane - Sewing Machine Operator.
- Automotive Industry
- Language Interpretation
- Job Training