Job Description Summary
The Lead Engineer u2013 Service engineering will be responsible for providing technical support during tendering and execution for GE and oOEM steam turbines for minor upgrades, technical guidance to field engineers during outage planning and execution and complex repair projects. ITR service engineer will collaborate within the global rotating equipment product line engineering teams for product support and technical risk assessments.
Essential Function is to partner with global rotating equipment engineering teams to develop cost-effective and quality focused solutions to meet regional customer needs.
Americas Core service ITR engineering is au00A0one-stop shopu00A0for engineering services in support of transactional flow business (outages, parts, repairs and minor upgrades) dedicated to Americas region. We leverage technical support from the global team during applications/requisition, outage planning and execution, repairs, product services to provide speedy & qualitative responses to our customers.
As a core service ITR engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Technical support during tendering and execution for GE and oOEM steam turbines for minor upgrades and complex workshop repairs.
- Prepare technical recommendations during outage planning and execution.
- Re-engineering data capture support during tender and execution phases.
- Technical lead for repairs of non-GE steam turbines (WH, Siemens, MHI, Toshiba).
- Support field engineers during outage execution for GE and non-GE steam turbines (WH, Siemens, MHI, Toshiba).
- Provide steam turbine product service and operational support to field engineers during planned and unplanned outages for GE and non-GE machines.
- Lead technical discussion with customer regarding steam turbine technical issues.
- Collaborate and integrate with rotating equipment product line teams for product design and service support.
- Collaborate and partner with sales/service directors, on site services, repairs centers, field engineers and parts engineering group to provide technical support and guidance.
- Bacheloru2019s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study from an accredited college or university is must.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in steam turbine service engineering, outage engineering and repairs is must.
- 1-2 years of repairs experience will be best suitable for this role.
Desired Characteristics (Technical Skills / Competencies):
- Good understanding of steam turbine and balance of plant systems and operations.
- Products offerings and designs of non-GE steam turbine fleets preferred.
- oOEM plants outage execution and repairs experience will be bonus.
- Capable of providing concise technical directions with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deliver on commitments, sense of urgency to respond quickly and efficiently, proactive, self-starter.
- Able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally.
- Change agent u2013 ability to engage employees globally and empower teams to drive change.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to recognize opportunities for productivity improvements.
Eligibility Requirements:u00A0 Strong Consideration will be given to Field Core and Steam Power employees, in line with current SP hiring guidelines.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anu00A0Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes