If you are passionate about safety, creative minded and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. You will work in a start-up environment with a highly collaborative team of professionals in the rapidly growing automated vehicle space.
Acts as the Transdev operations liaison working with the client’s Dispatch and Transdev employees. Evaluates and interacts with the vehicle drivers, to include coaching, mentoring and disciplinary, hiring and termination as necessary. Assures that all service is performed as dispatched daily. Responds to system emergencies; investigates and completes accident reports, incidents, and customer complaints (coordinating and in conjunction with client’s staff).
- Support operations leadership team in daily operations management of dispatch, including mission assignment, leading meetings, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in Lean/Kaizen, Black Belt, and other Operational Excellence initiatives
- Interpret metrics, finds opportunities and implements actions to drive results
- Ensure compliance throughout the site to global process standards and works on continuous improvement initiatives
- Performs all vehicle driver safety evaluation ride checks, observation of drivers while on route/test track, and prescribes the necessary retraining; maintains telephone contact with transit vehicle drivers (in conjunction with client’s dispatch) Coordinate, monitor and supervise the activities of subordinates. Informs other management personnel regarding operational/personnel problems as appropriate and offers ideas towards resolution
- Assigns drivers against needs via client tools and communicates assignment to drivers/monitors, etc.
- Manages drivers during start and throughout the shifts to get drivers on the road and manage driver and vehicle exchanges, communicates any troubleshooting to dispatch.
- Conducts driver pre-brief and debrief meetings.
- Responds to service problems including rerouting, accidents and incidents with the goal of restoration of interrupted service and testing; supports drivers in preparing accident reports including post-accident drug and alcohol testing according to policy.
- Interacts with and assists passengers as necessary (as directed by client’s staff)
- Investigates and responds to unsafe location/situation reports; makes recommendations and/or changes to resolve the unsafe situation
- Develops and schedules program work plan in accordance with specifications in conjunction with client staff; oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of program; determines priorities.
- Covers open routes and testing if required, and assists drivers and other supervisors with customer assistance and roadside/or testing or personnel issues
- Maintains routine records and performs a variety of clerical work activities related to the property operation
- Maintains high degree of confidentiality of all information
- Performance management and monitoring of drivers
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or 2+ years operations experience leading teams. Degree in Engineering, Operations, or related field is a plus.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience desired, but not necessary; however some supervisory experience, required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of service area and ability to read a map/digital map directions
- Ability to use a computer to generate reports and schedules
- Ability to supervise others and make quality business decisions regarding operations
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret system operating rules, regulations, policies, phases and routes
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
Skills and Knowledge Preferred:
- Travel requirement outside of immediate service area (as a percent) 5%
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear. Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- 50% of the workday could be spent outdoors monitoring service on routes, and company locations. Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- Remaining work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer; time is spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer.
For more information please visit our website atwww.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Autonomous Vehicle Operations Supervisor - (OVERNIGHT SHIFT) South San Francisco
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations US-CA-Mountain View | US-CA | US-CA-San Jose
Posted Date 3 months ago (3/30/2020 10:19 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-12525
Position Category Other
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 609
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Alternative Services
Coaching And Mentoring