You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Deputy Program Manager
Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) technology, which is part of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the National Airspace System (NAS). The program is committed to enhancing NAS efficiency by using the capabilities of the TBFM decision-support tool, a system already deployed in the contiguous United States.
Deputy Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee assigned parts of the program scope to ensure contract conformance within program schedule, cost, quality, and profit objectives.
- Support Program Manager, including performing program-wide horizontal integration planning, identification, and management of internal and external dependencies.
- Serve as the program Risk and Opportunity Manager, maintaining and ensuring conformance to the Risk and Opportunity Management Plan, chairing the Risk and Opportunity Review Board, and leading the monthly risk review meeting with the customer.
- Ensure the program implementation of the TBFM Program Management Plan, including leading the program team in internal and external audits.
- Review and approve final documents and deliverables for completeness and conformity to requirements.
- Prepare materials/briefings for and participate in customer monthly program reviews, cost reviews, risk review, and other customer meetings and briefings.
- Manage the weekly CR Screening workflow, including preparing the agenda and minutes, leading the meeting, and issuing Program Office Directives resulting from CR Screening decisions.
- Travel may be required to/from Washington, DC and Atlantic City, NJ.
- Develop cost proposal to the FAA, as required.
- Represent the program in customer and internal reviews and meetings.
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as required by the program.
- Requires BA/BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or master’s with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading Systems Engineering, Software, and/or Test teams/projects.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Ability to operate and manage effectively with minimal guidance. The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the effective management and oversight of team members in various locations.
- Possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills, exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills, the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity, and innovation, and demonstrated program management skills.
- Experience related to project/program management with strong business acumen.
- Strong understanding of program and business operations and will be responsible for achievement of mission critical milestones and contract performance on an ongoing basis. The successful candidate must be able to anticipate customer needs and formulate and propose solutions.
- Prefer 3+ years of experience related to the management or supervision of the design, development, test, or acquisition of Air Traffic Control/Management systems with an average value of $100M or greater.
- Prefer previous Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program experience.
- Gaithersburg/DC area (preferred)
- Atlantic City, NJ
- Eagan, MN
- Telework may be considered, however, onsite will be required for key customer and team meetings.
Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
- Air Traffic Control
- Commercial Awareness
- Contract Performance
- Customer Demand Planning
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: AC06-12586_R-00106504
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.