Technical Support Specialist
This position will serve as a multifaceted Technical Support Specialist to provide professional first level support on all instrumentation and products for one of our largest diagnostics clients in NJ. This position is also responsible for relaying cases to second level support as needed, to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction.
Excellent technical and communication skills are necessary to positively interact with customers and company personnel. Successful candidates will be self-starters, who can independently manage their time and schedules; will possess basic business acumen and effectively communicate skills at all levels.
**This position requires travel to Germany for extensive 4 week training**
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Maintain a working knowledge of all instrumentation, software, products and techniques.
- Deliver first level phone and e-mail support to end-users from the home office.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about instrumentation and services.
- Maintain positive, professional communications with customers, sales team members, and colleagues in the Technical Support group.
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues within timely manner.
- Determine the cause of error, classify the complaint and forward the relevant information to appropriate department for processing.
- Dispatch service and prepare necessary documentation.
- Maintain and monitor database and assign preventative maintenance visits within recommended time frames
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software.
- Perform data entry and follow up activities for completeness and timeliness.
- Open communication with multiple departments when needed.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Follow standard procedures, guidelines and policies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A BS in Life Sciences, Biomedical engineering and/or technical discipline; or equivalent military training and experience, with emphasis in instrumentation, computers
- Two or more years’ experience as a field service representative, Lab MT , or related field desired but not required
- Technically proficient in running IVD assays with an understanding of the basis for these assays.
- Well-organized, able to function independently with a minimum of supervision
- Customer-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibits a high level of critical thinking abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic demeanor and a can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- After-hour, weekend and holiday technical support as needed
Please send resumes to Email blocked - click to apply for consideration.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)