Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Network Access Services is seeking a Network Engineer 6 with large enterprise IP voice and data background. This team is accountable for the networks at the branches, admin buildings, building management network and customer WiFi network.
The Network Access Services Network Engineering team defines, develops, delivers and supports network infrastructure solutions that enable Wells Fargo's lines-of-business to communicate with customers, partners, and applications efficiently, effectively and reliably.
This position will serve as a Chief Engineer with in the Network Access Services Network Engineering team and will be responsible for the following:
- Change Review – Responsible for reviewing each change to ensure they meet all processes and standards. The Chief engineer's will be knowledgeable of all changes within their assigned ASAM, branch and access space.
- On-call support - Provide 24 x 7 escalation support. This includes problem resolution due to change issues, design review do to last minute scope change by Line of Businesses, outage support and SME (subject matter expert) for engineer's questions related to change.
- Align with LOB – The Chief engineer will work with the PRM (Product Relationship Manager) and Service Delivery Teams to ensure the technical needs of the LOB are being met. They will hold standing meetings with contacts from the LOB that they are assigned to. The Chief Engineers will work closely with the PRM's to understand any new initiatives that may be in the planning stages or moving forward.
- Mentoring – Identify engineers having issues on changes or with projects and work with them to ensure success. Provide knowledge transfer on upcoming technologies, projects and solutions.
- Outage Support – The Chief Engineer will be pulled into escalated support situations as a SME. Management will request a Chief Engineer to assist in any way necessary to get the customer up and running. Once engaged, the Chief Engineer will stay engaged until resolution is met.
- Project Updates – The Chief Engineer will provide updates on major projects within the LOB that he/she is mapped to. It is also the responsibility of the Chief Engineer to stay abreast of tasks within the Specialized Service team for LOB projects and initiatives.
- Management Support – The Chief Engineer will assist management with the following: risk items, troubled projects, identifying and correcting trouble spots in the network, helping the support teams, project review, technical guidance, etc.
- Process Development – Promote/facilitate change in the organization via the development and promotion of policies, processes, and procedures.
- Engineering – Responsible for being the lead network engineer for complex projects in the retail and admin areas of the Wells Fargo Network.
- Templates – Assist with the creation and maintenance of configuration templates used by other access network engineers.
- Consultation – Provide consultative services to other network engineers, assisting with design and implementation approach.
- Certifications – Work with our partners in Production Assurance and Network Technology Solutions to introduce and certify new network devices and configurations.
- 10+ years of network engineering experience
- 10 + years of Networking experience
- 7+ years of experience working in a large enterprise network organization
- 7+ years of technical design experience
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Knowledge and understanding of network automation development through scripting
- Knowledge and understanding of network hardware, software and configurations,
- Knowledge and understanding of new technologies evaluation and assessment
- Knowledge and understanding of requirements and design deliverables creation
- Knowledge and understanding of requirements development and testing for software products
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic roadmap coordination and development
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom: circuit engineering, design, and deployment
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom: hardware, software and configurations including: network infrastructure and design
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom: provider networks and network diversity options
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Scripting using Python
- SD WAN experience in an enterprise network.
- Solid understanding of and experience with Network tools including NetFlow, Packet Capture, Device Configuration Management Incident Management Tools, Capacity Planning, SPAN/RSPAN
- Packet capture tools and analysis
- Experience and understanding of: IP Multicast, Wireless, IPv6, and GetVPN
- Expert understanding of the following: MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree, HSRP, QoS, IP Telephony
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TXDisclaimer
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Hot Standby Router Protocol
Border Gateway Protocol
Quality Of Services