To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Financial Management Analyst II
Apex Systems • McLean, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Business Financial Management Analyst
Location: Navy Yard, DC
Terms: Contract to HIRE
Government Client: DOD
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Perks: Foot-in-the-door opportunity for leadership and advancement
If interested, please send an updated resume to Sarah St.Martin at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and best times to discuss.
- Programs: Improper Payments Information Act of 2002 (IPIA), Barring Act Waivers, Contract Debt Deferments, Charge Card Programs, and Military Banking
- Develop financial reporting tools that track financial plans against execution using accounting data
- Support data calls with senior leads to collect Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) program requirements
- Develop draft budget impact statements in response to pending budgetary reductions
- Prepare multi-year cost estimates, detailed execution reports, and issue papers in support of Secretariat Review Board (SRB)
- Create executive level briefings about current and future FMO budgetary issues
- Participate in process improvement efforts for FMO planning and execution processes, conducts data analytics / tool development / briefing support for other FMO divisions
What You Need for this Position:
- REQUIRED: Bachelors Degree (Business, Math, Statistics or Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 6 in Financial Management (audit experience preferred) (budget/PPBE experience required)
- One (1) year of experience supporting a project in each of the following DOD (DON Preferred) Pay and Disbursing
- One (1) year of experience with trend analysis, performing root cause analysis, and developing corrective action plans on WinIATS improper payments data for Budget Submitting Offices that support large volumes of travel (e.g. BUPERS, PACFLT, Fleet Forces Command)
- One (1) year of experience implementing data visualization tools that capture IPIA program metrics and developing statistical estimates of improper payments for inclusion in DOD agency financial reports.
- One (1) year of experience collaborating and enhancing IPIA program governance through policy and memorandums of understanding with key stakeholders.
- Ability to develop or recommend policy, procedures, and instructions concerning budget formulation, budget justifications and presentations, and budget execution
- Ability to perform a wide range of analytical, technical, and advisory functions related to the budgetary processes
- Experience in federal financial management systems for the analysis and graphic presentation of budget data, status of funds reports, budget execution requirements, and trend analyses
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to develop budget requests as well as background documentation for presentation
Other Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Experience with developing financial budgets
- Experience with preparing multi-year cost estimates
- Experience with Business Process Improvement
- High skill level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- Certified Public Account (CPA)
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
- Certified Cost Estimator / Analyst (CCEA)
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178