About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Independent Testing Senior Manager in Independent Testing & Validation (IT&V) as part of Corporate Risk. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
The Independent Testing and Validation (IT&V) team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies. In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in moderate to high risk or complex review activities in a matrixed environment and communicate emerging risks to management within Independent Testing
- Contribute to large scale planning related to Independent Testing deliverables
- Review and research moderately complex potential corrective actions, and follow through on reporting, escalation, and resolution
- Ensure effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs and controls according to standards and other applicable policies
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead team to meet Independent Testing deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of risk management framework and the risk and control environment
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues, internal partners, management and lines of business regarding risk management
- 4+ years of Independent Testing experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Prior public accounting firm (Big 4) with experience in Information Technology / Information Security audit, or IT SOX advisory/consulting service
- Prior IT/IS control testing experience, both performing and reviewing the work of less experienced team members
- Strong testing/audit background, including experience with workpapers documentation experience (e.g., walkthroughs, workbooks, sampling, reports etc.)
- Ability to perform a review independently from start to finish within the allotted time.
- Lead and execute on complex projects, balancing short-term and long-term priorities
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Attention To Detail
- Certified Information Security Manager