To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Octo Consulting Group • Columbia, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Scrum Master to join our growing team. As a Scrum Master you will be responsible for implementing and managing Agile process for a large Federal program, including serving as a Player-Coach as Federal staff learn new roles and responsibilities. The Scrum Master will provide hands-on facilitation of major program ceremonies as well as coaching and consulting to facilitate a smooth transformation to Agile practices, and enable continuous improvement.
- Implement and manage Agile process for large Federal program
- Enforce the use of Agile best practices
- Work with Agile Programs to identify gaps in Agile delivery, and facilitate improvement
- Facilitate Agile Ceremonies across multiple development teams
- Facilitate communication across government and contractor staff to proactively manage dependencies and remove impediments
- Establish standards for agile processes and tools
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach – Federal Agile Experience Preferred
- 5-10 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Management /IT or related field.
- One or more Agile certification(s) – Certified Scrum Master (CSM) SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), etc.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with several Agile frameworks (e.g., Kanban, Scrum, XP, Lean, DevOps).
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with scaled Agile frameworks (e.g., LeSS, SAFe, Scaled Scrum, Portfolio Kanban).
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and tools.
- Advanced competency in Agile management software tools (Atlassian preferred)
- Experienced in coordinating cross-functional team training
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical understanding to connect technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Innovative thinking – ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
- Experience with Human Centered Design
About Octo Consulting Group, Inc.
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Other Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
For more information please visit: