Nesco Engineering & IT is currently seeking a GeoTechnical Engineer for a Permanent opportunity for the South-Eastern Area of Arizona.
Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for the design of mine pit slope angles, the design, coordination, and supervision of the pit slope de-watering program, and the design and implementation of the slope monitoring program. Design mine pit slope angles including analysis documentation, direction, and coordination of pit pushback design for the mine planning engineers monitoring of pit blasting practices as pertains to the pit wall stability including design of monitoring system, training and daily analysis. Manage and model all ground water elevations. Assist Engineering Manager with as needed reports, statistical analysis, evaluations, etc.. Must have knowledge / experience with python or laser visual analysis technology. Ability to analyze the Shock or Environmental Effects, Surveying Methods OF Blasting Techniques, Surface Mining Techniques., Rock Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Groundwater Analysis and/or Drilling Techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A sound base in the application of geotechnical engineering to problem solving, enviromental effects and analysis.
- Computer literacy with Python or Laser visualizing and analyzing chronologic data systems
- Vector arithmetic
- Three-dimensional visualization, Surveying Methods, Geoligic Analysis, Structural geology Surface Mining Techniques
- Rock Mechanics, Blasting Techniques, Drilling Techniques
- Groundwater Analysis, Fluid Mechanics
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geologic, Geotechnical, Civil or Mining Engineering.
- Professional registration is preferred.
- Seven (7) years of Mining industry engineering experience.
- Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
For Immediate consideration you may click on 'Apply Now' or you may call Eilene directly at 520.308.5983.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.