Title: Patient Care Representative - OB/GYN, Arlington/Tysons
Location: Arlington, VA or Tysons, VA
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Patient Care Representative schedules, meets, greets, and registers patients in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Answers and routes telephone calls and messages. Coordinates insurance verifications and preauthorizations. Takes payments and completes daily batching. Maintains medical records and prepares charts for clinic sessions. Provides assistance as needed to physicians, Practice Administrator, and clinical staff.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
* College Diploma or certificate preferred.
* Two years relevant experience required.
* Knowledge of medical office or hospital scheduling systems and electronic medical records preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office billing and operations preferred.
* Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication ability, customer service skills, and telephone etiquette. Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and have the ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Must present professionally, have a pleasant personality, and ability to communicate positively with patients and staff.
* Greets all patients in a courteous, professional manner.
* Obtains and accurately enters patient information into registration system.
* Provides registration face sheet to patients to review; make changes as necessary in the registration system.
* Efficiently and correctly schedules patient appointments according to departmental procedure.
* Answers the phone within three rings
* Handles multiple telephone lines with high call volumes. Screens and routes all call appropriately.
* Files correpsondence promptly in patient charts when returned from clinician or manager.
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Electronic Medical Record