White’s Residential and Family Services
Job Title: Maintenance Technician/Carpenter/Remodeler
Department: Support Services
Employment Status: Full-time/Regular/Non Exempt
Qualifications: A Christian with strong convictions who is also in agreement with White’s mission statement, Statement of Faith, and Code of Conduct. This person must be 21 years of age and must have a high school diploma or GED. One to three years experience in maintenance is required. This position requires multiple skills in the areas of carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical work. Plumbing license preferred.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Summary: The carpenter/remodeler will be responsible for the upgrading and renovation of campus homes, apartments, offices, and other areas that may need renovation. Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural, socioeconomic characteristics, and needs.
- Renovation to include as necessary: Demolition and rebuilding work, plumbing, limited electrical, installation of doors and windows, drywall, painting, etc.
- Aid with major plumbing and sewer projects.
- Keep shop area clean.
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
Skills, Supervision, Knowledge, and Ability
- Must be skilled in the use of various hand tools, plumbing, and electrical tools and various pieces of power equipment.
- Must be a team player. This person needs to enjoy working closely with other staff members and have the
ability to be flexible, adaptive, and positive in his/her interactions.
- Must work well under limited supervision.
- Must be able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Must be committed to the Mission of White’s Residential and Family Services.
Physical Demands of Position
- Must be able to reach overhead, climb ladders or stairs, lift/carry or push/pull heavy objects
(up to 50 lbs.)
- Must have the energy and physical stamina to move freely about the campus, and be able to sit or stand for long periods of time (up to two hours).
- Must be able to work under difficult weather conditions (exposure to all elements).
- Normal work hours are as scheduled by supervisor. (7:30am-4:00pm)
- Work hours are subject to change at the discretion of the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Work Holidays as scheduled.
- Must attend work regularly and be on time.
The carpenter/remodeler will be responsible for the upgrading and renovation of campus homes, apartments, offices, and other areas that may need renovation. Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural, socioeconomic characteristics, and needs.