Desktop Support Technician Job Category: Engineering Time Type: Full time Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI Employee Type: Regular Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 25% Type of Travel: Continental US CACI is seeking TS/SCI cleared, dynamic technical professionals to join our UDS program to support our NGA customer. As a team, we focus on the design, engineering, implementation, operations, sustainment and disposal of user facing and data center IT services for our customer. With a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation of user facing and data center services that drives efficiencies and effectiveness. Be a part of something greater than yourself and make a lasting impact at CACI. What You'll Get to Do:
CACI is hiring a Tier 2 Desktop Support Technician to provide Deskside IT Service support to the UDS End User Devices deployed at NGA. End user device equipment consists of workstations (thin and thick clients), monitors, KVMs, print, fax and scan devices, secure tablets and laptops, VoIP devices, Desktop VTCs (DVTCs), removable media, and associated accessories. The individual will fulfil Installation, Move, Add, Change, and Disposal (IMACD) service requests, and support the completion of special projects. More About the Role: * Provide support for implementation, maintenance, and incident troubleshooting of IT systems
* Manage hardware in all stages including unpacking and setup of end user devices
* Resolve IT incidents from cradle to grave, working close with engineering teams and other ISP Contractor Stakeholders when IT issues require Tier 3 escalation or have dependencies external to the UDS contract
* Install application software on end user device workstations via scripted install packages
* Inventory management of UDS deployed software and end user devices
* Network and locally attached printers
* Assist users in accessing and using IT systems
* Provide user education and training in basic hardware and software functions
* Create and maintain documentation and SOPs to train new employees
* Utilization of a ServiceNow based ticketing database to track, update and resolve break/fix incident tickets and in fulfilling new requests submitted and tracked as Demands and RITMs
* Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency. You'll Bring These Qualifications: * Requires Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of years of experience and education and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
* TS/SCI Clearance w/ ability to obtain CI Poly
* Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
* Workstations (thin and thick clients)
* Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
* Audio Visual Services
* Voice and VTC Support Services
* Desktop Image Management
* Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
* Home Directory and Profile Support Services
* E-mail Support Services
* Software Support Services
* Domain Name Services (DNS)
* Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
* Patch Management (Windows)
* Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and strong communication skills.
* Strong work ethic and attention to detail
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong writing skills (document creation and management)
* Strong time management skills and ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements
* Ability to work independently on projects and/or tasks
* Ability to regularly stand and walk between buildings on a large campus
* Ability to move and lift computers, printers, monitors, and other hardware
* Experience and/or knowledgeable with; Windows 7; Windows 10; Citrix; SMS; and SCCM
* Technical understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; etc.)
* Team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success
* Enthusiasm and ability to adapt to new and changing technologies
* A+ Certification, N+ Certification, Security + or other DoD 8570.01M certification
* Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Technology
* Thick & thin web-based applications
* ITIL v3 Foundations
* Technical writing What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Efficiency
- Citrix Systems