To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Collins, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Mining Consultant - United States
Spencer Ogden - USA • Fort Collins, CO
Posted 13 days ago
Spencer Ogden is looking for a Senior Mining Consultant for our client in Fort Collins, Colorado. This is an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing company with office locations throughout the U.S., handling an assortment of projects small and large!
The Senior Mining Consultant will provide extensive consulting services including mine design, production planning and scheduling, cost modelling for a range of feasibility studies, operational optimization projects, mine closure planning and mine system implementations.
This is an employee owned company that prides itself on working with multidisciplinary experts that ultimately come together to accomplish something bigger than themselves- inspiring positive change, promoting core values, all while exceeding the needs of those they serve and building a better planet.
- Utilize your expertise to conduct a full range of mine engineering functions.
- Develop and mentor junior engineers and technical staff in the skills and procedures needed to effectively deliver engineering and consulting assignments.
- Identify, develop and follow through on new business oppurtunities.
- Use your client focus to develop and maintain exceptional relations with clients.
- Demonstrate a "Safety First" focus and act as a role model to staff.
- Utilize your exceptional leadership skills to coach, mentor and develop junior employees.
- Self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Bachelor's degree in Mine Engineering.
- Registered, or have the ability to register as a Professional Engineer in the U.S.
- A minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience with an emphasis on underground mine planning, design and scheduling. Open pit experience is a plus.
- Experience as a consulting engineer or with a technical services role within a mining company.
- Previous experience managing projects and preparing technical reports.
- Extensive experience in utilizing appropriate mining planning, design and scheduling software packages such as Vulcan, Surpac, Deswick, Datamine, Gemcom (or related).
- Ability to travel internationally and to remote project locations. In addition, to be successful at technical excellence, sound judgement, communication skills and the ability to influence and mentor, innovate, lead and demonstrate well-developed networking skills. Note: the successful candidate may undergo drug and alcohol testing as required by clients in safety sensitive situations.
- Operational experience in mining engineering site-based roles.
- P.Eng or PE designation.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Hard working and enjoys learning.
- Experience permitting mines.
- Quality writing skills, writing samples will be required.
- A "step up and do it" mentality, willingness to help others, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Full time role with full benefits and salary.
- Growth opportunity within a fast growing company.
- Vacation, 401K.
- This is a long term role for a candidate who is the right fit. Ability to grow a long term career with this company is guaranteed.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.