Requisition ID: 119949
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
The goal of rail transit design and construction is to produce fully integrated systems that meet clients’ long-range needs while delivering maximum return on invested capital. Each component must be expertly designed and constructed, and all system components must function together as a smoothly operating whole. We are looking for the person that can assist our operational leaders in supporting this mission.
Mass. Electric Construction Co. (MEC) is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC has a 65-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation’s most high-profile transportation projects. To date we have completed over $5 billion of transportation projects throughout North America. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting edge equipment, installation methods and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Provide on-going design management over-site. This would include collaborating with both the designer and suppliers as needed
- Conduct engineering reviews to identify efficiencies that can be achieved or resolve foreseeable technical issues.
- Provide technical assistance in product selection and comparing material cost to constructability costs for a holistic view of the total installed cost
- Review of factory and field test procedures and witness acceptance testing
- Provide witness testing to factory and field testing
- Provide QC oversite to ensure proper installation of communication equipment
- Conduct systems installation and troubleshooting support to ensure jobsites successfully deliver systems to clients
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- This position requires an industry veteran who has the unique ability to develop effective relationships with Front-Line Operations while still executing and achieving our global design management initiatives.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Must be skilled in the preparation of shop level drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Network Technologies such as SDH, SONET, MPLS-TP, IP-MPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Ethernet, Layer 3 Routing Protocols, PTP synchronization
- Public Address / Audio knowledge in regards to Sound Pressure, STI level and testing
- Familiar with and the ability to comprehend the following communications systems:
- CCTV knowledge: illumination level, Resolution, Field of View, APTA recommendations
- Networking L2 & L3
- Public Address
- Access Control
- IP Telephone/Intercom
- Low voltage AC & DC Power
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Voice Over Ip
Product Quality Assurance
Installations (Computer Systems)