Memorial Medical Center
Responsible for the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients during the transport process, under the direction of the Director of Ancillary Services, Manager of the Transport Team, and the Medical Director. The transport nurse will collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes and will function autonomously in an advanced clinical role with responsibilities in the areas of desired patient outcomes. Contributes to the provision of quality care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Assists management in the development of systems, processes and programs to improve the quality of patient care and increase nursing efficiency throughout the transport process. Develops, coordinates, and monitors unit preceptor programs in collaboration with nurse managers.
Minimum Education: Graduate of a School of Nursing Program. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Three years RN experience in Perinatal, Neonatal and Pediatric Critical or Emergency required. Critical Care Transport experience preferred.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Current or eligible New Mexico or compact RN license required.
- CPR (by the American Heart Association)
- ACLS, PALS and/or APLS
- NRP and STABLE within 3 months of employment.
- C-NPT-within 2 years of hire
- ALSO within the first year of employment.
- PNCCT, TNATC- Preferred
- CTRN and CFRN –Preferred
- CCRN certification preferred
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (Ccrn)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Certified Flight Registered Nurse
- Certified Transport Registered Nurse
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Advanced Pediatric Life Support