JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the US Air Force and US Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
The Mission Operations Controller III provides control, coordination, and direction to personnel operating system assets involved in mission activity. Work performance contributes to meeting program objectives, assessing program effectiveness, and analyzing a variety of unusual and conventional test related problems. The incumbent performs complex assignments with widely varying duties including the complete cycle of testing parameters as related to primary assignment, determining cause and effect relationships, reaching conclusions, and recommending solutions. He/she performs with the ability to conduct a variety of tests under stressful conditions, in a constantly changing test environment. Principal functions and duties include:
* Setup, configure, operate, monitor, and maintain communication equipment, computer terminals and video displays for processed data integrity.
* Confirm cryptographic material is current, correct, loaded and ready for mission support.
* Ability to rapidly isolate system malfunctions and restore the systems to operational status.
* Adapt to nonstandard problem that may require extensive operator intervention and coordination with external agencies.
* Implement and execute established policies and procedures, and apply subject matter knowledge to complete moderately complex assignments that vary in nature and sequence.
* Understand and implement local procedures established through Letters of Agreement, Memorandums of Understanding, Flight Information Publications and/or other official publications.
* Ability to apply local procedures established through Letters of Agreement, Memorandums of Understanding, Flight Information Publications and/or other official publications to enforce both restrictions and customer compliance.
* Provide work direction to subordinate work unit personnel. Train new users on unique mission support equipment. Provide assistance with scheduling and administrative requirement.
* Perform related work as required.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their assigned job.
Work is primarily sedentary in an office and operations center environment; however, some walking, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, stretching, and lifting up to 40 pounds is required. The incumbent must have good visual acuity and the ability to discern all colors of the spectrum. This position may require routine travel to remote Company work locations.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL, AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The incumbent should be a high school graduate or equivalent, graduate of a military Air Intercept Control school or Air Weapons Control school and have 6 years' experience controlling aircraft using close and tactical control. This position requires 8 years' experience with electronic systems, radars, communications/video systems, and knowledge of their operational characteristics. The incumbent must be thoroughly familiar with testing procedures and experienced in directing the use of test assets and personnel to fulfill mission goals in an ambitious testing environment. The incumbent must have good verbal and written communication skills and be experienced in the use of computer terminals. The incumbent must be able to work duty days in excess of eight hours, shift work, overnight stays, and weekend work to meet required schedule demands. Working knowledge of word processing and integrated software applications is required. Incumbent is required to qualify for and maintain a government Top-Secret security clearance and must possess a valid, state issued driver's license.
Desired Qualification: Experience in; Multi/single - channel radios, intercoms, have Quick II/Secure Voice Radios, Digital Integrated Air Defense Simulators, Battleships Command and Control Center, Link 16 Tactical Datalink Framework, Multi Source Correlation Tracker, Range Airspace Display Systems, Nellis Force Tracker, Passive Detection systems, and Communication software suites (mIRC, Swift, and/or Transverse).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled