To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sudley Springs, VA 20109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Sudley Springs, VA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Manassas, Virginia (VA) that is seeking a Controller with experience in QuickBooks. Summary: The Controller will be responsible for the accounting of four divisions along with shared services. This would include, but not limited to: the production of periodic financials reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Responsibilities for Controller:
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide status of financial condition by reviewing and reporting financial data monthly
- Provide weekly sales numbers and computes commissions based on given structures
- Monitor cash and funding balances
- Perform general ledger functions and reconciliations
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected in a timely manner
- Provide monthly Key Performance Indicators for analysis for the Leadership team
- Oversee and analyze the annual worker's compensation audit results
- Provide necessary assistance in the annual negotiation of the company's insurance needs
- Oversee the company 401(k) plan and profit-sharing program annual census
- Prepare annual budgets
- Provide necessary documentation at year end for annual review and tax return preparation
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field; CPA certification a plus
- Minimum five years of proven work experience as a Controller
- Work independently in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, with a diverse employee population
- Proven ability to manage a large team of professionals
- Knowledge of a variety of Accounting related software platforms; thorough knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise a plus, experience with ADP payroll platform; Experience with evolving software platforms is a plus
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of the business and changes in the industry
- Attention to detail, organization skills and process orientation
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and engage with all levels of employees
- Conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office products