Beatrix in River North is Now Seeking An Assistant General Manager … Join Our Leadership Team!
The Beatrix Division continues to grow!
We’re now seeking an ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
to add to the River North team.
At Beatrix, we feature local, seasonal ingredients and fresh flavor combinations to create an exceptional menu. If you’re a food-loving Assistant General Manager who’s eager to work in a chef-driven restaurant, this could be the next step in your career – please apply today! EOE. E-Verify.Requirements:
Not ready to apply? Join Our Talent Network: Click Here!
- 2-4 years of full-service management experience in a high-volume restaurant
- Skilled in leading hourly teams and working as part of a management team
- Ability to work effectively in a high-volume, systems-driven environment
- Experience with P&L, inventory and ordering, scheduling, etc.
Beatrix is an inviting neighborhood restaurant, coffeehouse and meeting place in Chicago with locations in River North, Streeterville, Fulton Market/West Loop and Oak Brook, IL. Our menu highlights healthful cooking, vegetarian entrees and comfort food dishes. Drink menus feature all-American wines, local craft beers and fresh-squeezed juice cocktails. Our coffee bar showcases iconic Chicago roasters and pastries from our in-house bakery. We Offer:
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We Participate in E-Verify.
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Restaurant discounts
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable)
- Nonsmoking working environment
- Training, development & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave
- And more
Lead and direct the daily operations of a restaurant and consistently deliver an exceptional guest and employee experience; lead and develop the front of house (FOH) and back of house (BOH) teams while fostering our Culture of Caring; and assist the General Manager (GM) in driving sales, managing costs, growing the business.
- Organize, run and supervise smooth and efficient daily shifts (including opening and closing shifts), ensuring an exceptional guest and employee experience
- Provide guidance and leadership to hourly and management teams while fostering our Culture of Caring
- Respond immediately and effectively to guest and employee needs and feedback
- Maintain proficiency in job functions of all FOH and BOH positions and provide active back-up support when business needs require
- Assist GM in managing costs, driving sales and growing the business in support of financial goals
- Partner with GM and management team to interview, hire, onboard, train, schedule, supervise and develop all FOH and BOH hourly employees (including proficient use of online applicant tracking, training and other HR systems and tools)
- Assist the General Manager with interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, supervising and/or developing the management team
- Monitor, address and document individual hourly employee performance through on-going feedback, positive recognition, formal performance reviews, coaching and, when necessary, disciplinary action up to and including employment termination
- Perform opening sanitation checklist, pre-shift line check and shift walk-throughs
- Balance, pare and maintain security of all cash banks
- Prepare for and conduct pre-shift and other employee meetings
- Ensure repair and maintenance needs are addressed
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Ensure proper food storage, quality and presentation standards, including temperature controls
- Monitor and ensure the restaurant and the team’s compliance with all Company and restaurant policies and procedures as well as all legal and regulatory requirements (including but not limited to safety and sanitation regulations and alcohol management) and represent the restaurant and Company in interactions with legal and regulatory authorities
- Perform regular and ad hoc inventories of food, beverage and restaurant supplies and track high cost items; place food, beverage and restaurant supply orders; and accept and inspect deliveries
- Work a variety of days and shifts (including early mornings, late nights and weekends) at multiple sites as needed
- Travel overnight occasionally as needed
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools, utensils, equipment and software (for example, restaurant management software, etc.)
- Effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable light, noise and temperature levels
- Move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Model and promote teamwork across all teams
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with challenges pertaining to guests, vendors and employees, and respond with patience and courtesy
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties assigned as needed
Applicant Tracking Systems