Kleinschmidt has an immediate opening for a Senior Engineer to lead projects, people, and client relationships in our Hoover, Alabama office or Atlanta, Georgia.
Kleinschmidt is an employee-owned consulting firm where employees have a say in growing and shaping the company. Our people are passionate, engaged, and enjoy learning from one another while working on unique and creative projects to stay challenged. Technical excellence is the heart of our continued success and we strongly support learning and continuous improvement to create professional growth and new opportunities for our employees.
We are one of only a few consulting firms in North America specializing in hydropower and we have been doing it for more than 50 years. We focus on developing engineering, regulatory, and environmental solutions that benefit our clients by lowering cost, shortening schedules, and improving regulatory agency relationships.
You may appreciate the opportunity to work on all aspects of large, complex projects while enjoying the cultural benefits of working for a mid-size (and growing!), national consulting firm.
Our flexibility and core value of loyal relationships allows us to offer employees the opportunity to work in an office, or remotely, based on their personal needs. We understand the concerns with COVID-19 and have policies in place to help keep our employees safe, even when they must travel for work related efforts.
If you are a leader and looking to take ownership of your career, we want to talk to you!
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work directly with our senior leaders and will perform meaningful work that focuses on providing practical solutions to complex problems affecting energy, water, and the environment.
- Experience developing long-lasting relationships with clients to assist them in solving complex engineering challenges.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and capable of working collaboratively with clients and team members in a dynamic, multidisciplinary consulting firm.
- Experience working in the field with Clients and Contractors during planning and construction of projects.
- Design experience with dams or hydroelectric facilities preferred.
- The engineering discipline for this position is not specific and may have a specialty within a structural, mechanical, electrical or geotechnical engineering discipline.
- BSCE with minimum of 10 years' experience in engineering, a Master's degree is preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Must possess permanent authorization to work in the United States and ability to acquire authorization to work in Canada.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to travel.
The successful candidate will also exhibit strong oral and written communication skills, is self-motivated and growth oriented, and can demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team while applying engineering skills from analysis and design through to construction.
About the Position
This position provides an excellent opportunity for an established or emerging leader to help a nationally known firm grow an already-established presence in the Southeast U.S. The position includes a combination of project, people, and client relationship management for unique engineering design projects associated with retrofits and rehabilitation efforts at existing dams and hydroelectric projects.
Kleinschmidt is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, disability status, national origin, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law.
Engineering Design Process