Location: Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
The candidate shall assist in managing the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process, provide staff support, and perform analysis of program funding for all PPBE phases and other budget exercises, research and analyze program funding and execution trends data from sources such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), identify issues, recommend solutions, and provide assistance and advice associated with acquisition management of the SAP portfolio. The Contractor shall have a strong background in DoD and Air Force accounting as well as experience with classified accounting systems and processes. The Contractor shall be proficient in the use of Excel. Experience with Momentum applications is highly desired. Occasionally, may work directly with clients, requiring good communication skills, as well as fundamental technical troubleshooting abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Must be able to perform the following:
- Provides comprehensive staff, financial, and administrative services to operating organizations and consultation and advice to the responsible manager
- Coordinates financial resources management
- Conducts research, evaluations, studies, and analysis with no guidance
- Prepares direct and indirect budgets, work unit plans, long-range plans, cost analyses, and analyses of changes to plans and schedules
- Other Duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant DoD work experience with no less than two (2) years' experience in a SAP and/or SCI environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.