Accountants at ICM support the company’s mission by performing day-to-day accounting activities and month end closing and reconciling activities to ensure timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP. An Accounting Supervisor is expected to be able to perform tasks in a self-sufficient manner while owning work product, work load and customers. This position provides accounting services and analysis for ICM and related companies. The Accounting Supervisor is also responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
• Supervise, coach, mentor, provide leadership and coordinate activities for Accountant I and II’s.
• Manage project accounting, including monthly revenue recognition and sub ledger reconciliation, coordination of T&M and firm bid billings, and monthly reporting and analysis.
• Prepare and analyze monthly GAAP financials including month end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and reporting packages.
• Manage financial projections, including working with managers/directors to prepare overhead, cash and project forecasts, and analysis of actuals against forecast for variances and trends.
• Review appropriateness of financial matters in customer contracts, including payment terms, sales tax, revenue recognition milestones, and customer credit.
• Compile monthly sales metrics and presentations.
• Manage / assist with external reviews and audits.
• Research GAAP, income and sales tax regulations.
• Manage sales and use tax processes and compliance.
• Assist with preparation of income tax schedules for tax returns and filings.
• Communicate with and support business leaders across the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
5-7 years of Accounting / Finance experience required
1-3 years of supervisory experience required
2 years of Cost / Project accounting experience preferred
Budgeting / Forecasting experience preferred
Work with multi-faceted business and diverse entities preferred
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required, including advanced Excel functions
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate with employees throughout the organization
Ability to work with multiple deadlines and ability to prioritize work
Solid customer service abilities
Sound reasoning, analysis and decision making skills
Strong attention to detail
Ability to independently apply accounting concepts to business transactions in support of management decisions
Strong leadership skills
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles