**Hybrid Schedule is Available**
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings – architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management – to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Structural Designer to join our Dallas, TX office. As a part of our Engineering Team, the Structural Designer will work with our Engineers and Architects to develop and produce structural drawings from equipment, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings to ensure each design meets the client’s expectations.
- Primary production tasks will include preparing structural engineering documents related to vertical construction. Projects may include structural plans regarding buildings, bridges, retaining walls, and drainage structures for Federal Agencies, Public Works Agencies, or private development companies. Additional responsibilities may include preparation of quantity takeoffs and as-built record drawings.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with Project Managers, Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers, and Architects.
- Opportunities to train and mentor staff improving efficiency, gain experience and expanded knowledge, and learn “best-practices.”
- Revit, AutoCAD, and MicroStation are the primary CADD software’s currently used to prepare engineering drawings. Revit being the primary software. Deliverables consist of standard arrangements, flow sheets, layouts, assemblies, isometrics, and etc.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and costs.
- Ensure compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of structural drawings.
- 5+ years’ experience in structural design documentation productions (including Steel, Light-gage, CMU, Concrete, and Timber).
- Experience with Vertical building projects.
- Experience with Federal projects is a plus.
- Associate Degree or Technical Degree, preferred.
- Proficient with Revit, AutoCAD, and MicroStation. Highly proficient in Revit is a plus. Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) related process and procedures to create multi-dimensional graphic views; flow charts and detail working drawings to simulate and analyze potential design problems. Familiarity with BIM360 is a plus.
- Skilled in interpretating and understanding orthographic (2D) and isometric (3D) designs.
- Strong technical verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of interpretating project design documents, including architectural and structural design intent.
- Providing a portfolio of structural related projects will be helpful to determine compatibility with potential projects assigned.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. This includes ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
- Assembly And Installation
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Information Modeling