World leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 43 countries and services more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Etoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture.
We look for candidates whose motivation is to invest in themselves, in the projects of the future, and to participate in a collective adventure led by a pioneering spirit.
We have the commitment to offer our collaborators a working environment which encourages team spirit, with priority given to training and development with international career opportunities.
A strong Scientific and technological pioneering spirit drives bioMérieux development since its creation in 1963. We design innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions for our customers that initiate new forms of scientific partnerships to be at the forefront of the most advanced technologies. Our presence in more than 150 countries with 9,400 employees worldwide secures bioMérieux commitment to public health.
bioMérieux products are used to diagnose infectious diseases, they provide high medical value results for cancer screening and monitoring, cardiovascular emergencies and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Products also include industrial microbiological controls to detect microorganisms in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
The Vitek Operations Manager is responsible for managing a team who is in charge of providing problem resolution in accordance with the GCS/CSI organization's service standards.
Direct contribution in bioMérieux business development by leading operational initiatives related to customer satisfaction, sales increase, cost containment.
Within a GCS/CSI department: responsible to provide technical & scientific expertise for situations of complex systems or where new solutions are needed. Provide feedback on product/service issues to R&D, Manufacturing, and the PMO team. Deliver effective technical support to subsidiaries and distributors in order to optimize bioMérieux's commercial success and profitability.
• Responsible of department deliverables within a CS organization
• Within a GCS/CSI department , responsible to manage:
• a team of AS/SE/IT/ Investigation/ Business leaders
• and to manage daily operation
• Improve methods having a direct impact on the department operations
• Drive difficult situation requiring end-to-end solutions with direct impact on operational and/or financial and/or human and/or customers.
• Influence frequently, on problematics with others departments on conflicting objectives
• Integrate, on an international level, extensive knowledge, techniques and practices to conduct
• Promotes the customer service voice in the company projects.
• Provide an effective level of support (troubleshooting) to subsidiaries and distributors
• Collaborate with other departments to harmonize workflow and resolve conflicting issues.
• Accountability for investigations and management of critical technical issues.
• Qualified as a CS technical representative & scientific referent.
• Perform complaint trend analysis on report from Global Quality and prepare reports for other departments. Contribute to the establishment of complaint indicators with the Governance team.
• Lead meetings related to complaints and work closely with other departments ( R&D, SE&S, Production Site, site QA…)
• Follow CAPA activity relative to technical complaints and provide regular feedback to the subs / distributors.
• Be THE referent in case of audit and lead the audit preparation - 1st line of contact in case of audit.
• Develop the support tools for subs and distributors to use in the support of customers (troubleshooting, guide, FAQ)
• Lead the implementation of the new process and tools
• Give understandable and quality technical recommendations, and present technical or scientific topics effectively to senior management or project teams for decision making to implement effective technical solutions. Act as a senior CS Representative.
• Track/report the status of investigations and escalate concerns to management in a timely manner and make decision/action plans for resolution.
• Responsible for coaching others for support activity and facilitating the integration of new comers.
• Contribute to continuous improvements to the current products
• Provide feedback on product/service issues to R&D, manufacturing and the PMO team
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
• Master degree or equivalent in related field of expertise (i.e., AS-biology, SE-engineering, IT-computer/networking) or 8-10 years' experience in Global or regional function
• Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong leadership and expertize
• Technical Knowledge on several ranges of product /System/Solutions, be THE referent of systems
• Advanced understanding of technologies or technical topics
• Have a system view approach
• High sense of autonomy and interdependence
• Dynamic learner
• Basic knowledge on cost & profitability for support activity
• Strong experience participating in the management of regulatory audits (i.e. FDA, ISO, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
• Technical writer and ability to effectively communicate verbally
• Competency in the selection and use of Quality Engineering Tools and Techniques.
• Committed to customer and service with sense of urgency and accountability
• A strong team player within the cross cultural GCS/CSI group, able to interact with multidisciplinary teams and work in a matrix environment
• Good communication and presentation skills and ability to deliver complex information into a simplified manner for different audiences
• Analytical and synthetic mindset / Sense of time and priorities management
bioMerieux is an equal opportunity employer.
Supply Chain Management