To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tarboro, NC 27886
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Superior Essex • Tarboro, NC
Posted 4 days ago
Manufacturing, Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position exists for the purpose of performing tasks such as troubleshooting, repair, and installation of production and support equipment on the night shift operations. Personally handle general repair work and maintenance on all electrical/electronic components, motors, motor drives, and associated hardware. Assist with the assembly and installation of new equipment. Use various hand and power tools and operate all types of electronic troubleshooting equipment. Perform routine preventive maintenance and servicing tasks such as cleaning, adjusting and inspections on electronic equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Repair production and spare equipment when failure is of an electrical or electronic nature. This requires the ability to do minor soldering, alignment, grinding, disassembly and reassembly of major and minor, large and small pieces of equipment. Help troubleshoot equipment by observing equipment operation from an electronic perspective.
• Design, fabricate, assemble and install parts, fixtures or entire assemblies as requested by Engineering or Department managers.
• Initiates necessary parts request form for required electronic supplies so repairs or installations can be completed.
• Inspect and calibrate various pieces of production equipment.
• Requires documentation of drawings, layouts, time sheets, work orders and cost reduction or safety proposals.
• Perform other related duties as directed by supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Read, write, perform mathematical calculations, understand verbal or written instructions, provide verbal or written information to others, work continuous shift if requested, work scheduled or unscheduled overtime if requested, maintain a good attendance and punctuality record, follow all safety rules and maintain housekeeping in area of responsibility, work well with others, and distinguish colors correctly.
• Ability to use an Electrical Meter
• Read/understand/update electrical schematics/wiring diagrams and drive manuals
• Know how to size/install thermal overload protection
• Repair/troubleshoot AC/DC motor/control circuits
• Install/wire AC and DC motors
• Install/repair photo sensors/encoders/proximity switches
• Ability to understand online task with Allen Bradley Processor
• Use PLC inputs, outputs and analog inputs and outputs to troubleshoot line problems
• Troubleshoot drives and replace boards as necessary
• Synchronize 2 or more drives
• Replace motor brushes and slip ring brushes
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
• Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment as an Electronic Technician.
• Two or more years of technical training or school within the field.
• Three to five years of Industrial Electronics Technician experience to include but not limited to digital drives, both DC and AC; PLC's, both troubleshooting and initial set-up; HMI's.
• Night shift work schedule
• Technicians will be standing and walking the majority of the workday. Pulling, pushing, bending, and squatting will be performed occasionally.
• Occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds will be necessary.
• Mechanical moving equipment is available for handling heavy weights. Must be able to qualify for forklift certification.
• Must be able to move about freely in an industrial environment
• Good eyesight (safety glasses required).
• Ability to hear; excessive noise level requires the use of a hearing PPE.
• Medium to Heavy Work Classification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000436693706
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.