Georgia State University Department of PantherDining is seeking an experienced Dining Hall Supervisor to join our team. The Dining Hall Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and the supervision of assigned work areas, while actively participating with providing information, quality food, superior customer service, and a clean and welcoming environment to our customers. This position may be required to be cross-trained for another position and/or responsibility in order to provide both back-up for a department as well as to supplement resources needed during certain times of the year.
Specific Job Duties
* Ensure participation in sustainability efforts for PantherDining.
* Utilize waste management systems to decrease food waste and follow Green Restaurant Association guidelines in maintaining sustainability certification.
* Ensure all shifts are working together cohesively to accomplish goals in the dining hall.
* Actively participates in recruitment processes.
* Assist in planning, scheduling, training, and development of the activities of assigned personnel.
* Aid in completing performance evaluations.
* Coordinate student assistant program.
* Assist in overseeing FoodPro utilization for dining hall.
* Ensure data is entered in a timely manner and ensures correct inventory procedures are followed.
* Assist in the selection of new menu items based on consumer tastes, labor, and food cost.
* Responsible for personnel actions including coaching, evaluating and implementing corrective measures.
* Assist with the oversight of the store clerks to ensure proper receiving, storage, organization, rotation, labeling, and invoice verification.
* Ensure all staff are accurately completing food production paperwork.
* Ensure compliance with University, BOR, local, state, and federal guidelines.
* Maintain accurate food safety at all times, and coordinate with management in maintaining accurate records related to food safety.
* Manage inventory of nonfood items and chemicals, including setting parts, weekly ordering, and ensuring proper product levels.
* Manage outstanding issues with suppliers and vendors.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree and three years of food service experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
* Previous food service experience.
* Previous customer service experience.
* ServSafe certified.
* Physical Requirements: Extended standing, walking, ability to bend, stoop, reach and climb ladders.
* Ability to work in all temperature conditions.
* Ability to lift 35 pounds.
* Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
- Waste Management