Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for leading the design, integration, installation, and start-up of packaging lines for food and beverage industries. Responsibilities require engineering leadership experience and a solid working understanding of process, utility, packaging systems, drafting (CAD), controls, equipment procurement, installation, training, and start-up. Qualified candidates will have a proven track record delivering projects on budget & schedule, managing complex scopes, managing client interaction & expectations, supervising contractors and being able to identify & help develop new business opportunities.
- Lead the packaging line design, integration, installation and start-up of capital projects, including estimation, justification, budget, schedule, design, implementation, acquisition, installation, start-up, troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Develop equipment design and specifications, design of equipment support systems, and bid analyses.
- Lead communications with vendors (OEM’s) and contractors to implement “cutting edge” automation solutions.
- Provide engineering solutions for continuous improvement objectives using industry standard tools and procedures (Change Control, ROI, etc).
- Evaluate existing packaging operations, and suggest and drive projects to provide immediate ROI and improve productivity.
- Identify and specify required tooling and/or packaging equipment for projects within designated timelines.
- Develop, maintain and grow solid client relationships.
- 5+ years of project management experience with packaging systems and/or manufacturing automation applications.
- Experience in the food, beverage, household products or personal care industries strongly preferred.
- Excellent engineering and leadership skills as well as the ability to simultaneously organize, and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact within both engineering and operational environments with both clients, and suppliers.
- Ability to develop, maintain and grow solid client relationships.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Bachelor of Science – Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc