To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60604
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Leave Of Absence Representative
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 months ago
Leave of Absence Representative
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, "Claim Your Future."
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To analyze reported Family Medical Leave (FMLA) requests; to make determinations based on state and federal regulations; and to ensure that on-going claim management is within company service standards and industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes FMLA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes.
- Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Identifies action plan; determines benefits due; and makes timely case decisions based on service expectations as established by the client.
- Communicates decisions and on-going expectations with claimants and clients.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. College degree and/or college courses preferred.
Two (2) years disability management and/or FMLA administration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Human Resources experience including FMLA administration preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations
- Knowledge of medical disability management
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer