To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hawthorne, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Chief Financial Officer
ExecuNet • Hawthorne, CA
Posted 1 month ago
We are seeking an experienced and strategic-thinking Chief Financial Officer to join our executive team!
This person will lead the Finance Division, which consists of the following departments: Accounting, Risk Management, and Investment Services.
Essential Functions Include:
- Promotes supports and demonstrates our core values in daily interaction with all staff and members.
- Lead the management staff within the division. Provides clear expectations and direction, encourages interdependence across the division, evaluates performance on a consistent, timely, and regular basis, and encourages performance and results-driven work environment.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of division goals to ensure that department objectives are consistent with Credit Union objectives.
- Leverages technology, researches, recommends and implements new programs, systems, and products as they pertain to the division to ensure optimal alignment that will support the credit union's strategic goals and objectives.
- Researches, recommends, and implements new programs, systems, and internal controls as they pertain to the division.
- Prepares the credit union's annual budget consistent with Credit Union goals and strategic plans.
- Chairs the ALCO (Asset Liability Management Committee) and the Pricing Committee to ensure the credit union's assets are properly priced to minimize interest rate risk exposure.
- Manages the credit union's investment portfolio.
- Addresses business strategy in organization-wide and individual training plans.
- Ensures that Credit Union audits are performed as per the annual audit plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, or Accounting preferred.
- CPA required.
- MBA in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in Public Accounting.
- Minimum of five years experience in management in the financial services industry preferred.
- Must have the ability to prepare and interpret various financial and statistical reports.
- Must have strong investment strategy and portfolio management skills.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong strategic planning skills and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of financial modeling system Profit Star is a plus.
- Must possess a superior level of member service, be a positive role model for staff, and demonstrate a high level of commitment to the organization.