You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lead Teller - Float Pool
$1,000 Sign-On Award eligible to qualified EXTERNAL candidates who have been presented with an offer of employment. Active NYCB employees are not eligible for this payment. Sign-On Award is payable following the completion of 6 months of employment with NYCB. Monetary awards of this nature are treated as supplemental income and taxed accordingly.
Branch Operations Coordinator SOS Unit is primarily responsible for traveling to the branches assigned by the Regional Management Team, in order to provide daily operational assistance in accordance with the guidelines and objectives set forth by the Bank. Delivers excellent customer service experiences to both prospective and existing clients while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
- Travels between assigned branches as needed by the Regional Management Team.
- Works closely and provides input to the Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager to fulfill the daily requirements needed to continually improve branch performance.
- Authorized to approve within allowable limits: Wire Transfers; Overdrafts; Items on NSF report and (PNET) supply order. Has authority in the absence of the Branch Manager for all logs and monthly self assessment reports.
- Directly responsible for monitoring and facilitating all monetary transactions in accordance with bank policy. Oversees Financial Services Associates in the performance of their duties while providing operational approval and instruction. When applicable, responsible to ensure branch is in proof.
- Communicates and implements branch policies and procedures. Provides training and guidance to staff to ensure transactions are processed accurately and efficiently by using in-depth policy and procedural knowledge to also handle complex transactions and issues. Conducts daily and weekly operations, sales and service meetings and de-briefing sessions in accordance with Bank operations, sales and service standards.
- Establishes new accounts; interview loan applicants and assist in the application process. Has full access to confidential reports via 'Dashboard' in order to print and update various lists.
- Solicits and promotes new business by actively selling Bank products. Conducts tele-consulting and other sales campaigns while referring business to other units of the Bank. Positively encourages the delivery of exceptional customer service, team sales referrals and campaign participation. Follows-up on selected sales leads. Ensures product suitability as needed.
- With the assistance of other designated staff members, functions as primary dual control for platform, night depository processing, vault opening/closing, ATM proof and replenishment.
- Oversees branch scheduling and timekeeping process. Open and/or closing the branch in the absence of the Branch/Assistant Branch Manager. Cover other branches as necessary. Work weekends and/or extended hours as required.
- Assists with branch audits and reporting to ensure that the branch is operating in compliance with Federal and State banking requirements. Adheres to all Banking procedures and advises the Security Department of any security breaches.
- Participates in meetings held by Retail Regional Management; travel to work related seminars.
- Based on established policies and procedures, processes transactions accurately and efficiently to build customer confidence and trust.
- Maintains the highest individual level of customer service standards while consistently exceeding customer expectations. Lobby-leads as needed to manage customer traffic flows, customer greeting and satisfaction.
- Trains branch personnel and identifies and reports any employee grievances or conflicts. Create workforce stability by cultivating an engaged, spirited and performance-oriented team.
- Creates a positive team environment in the branch by modeling appropriate behaviors.
- Represents the company in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image while developing additional business contacts.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Two to three years related work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Broad knowledge of Bank policies and procedures, services and products
- Extensive knowledge of branch operations and regulatory requirements
- Excellent organizational communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent cash-handling skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel between assigned branches
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 5000910898006
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.