Vaco Atlanta has just received 2 new roles in downtown Atlanta which can be filled at the Senior or Staff levels. These roles are temp to perm and both are meant to be career development positions. Besides working for a dynamic company, our candidates will gain exposure to acquisitions, multi-currency and other career enhancing accounting and finance skills (depending on role). PRIMARY TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist Manager of Accounting with all accounting functions, including cash balancing, general ledger account reconciliations, and monthly close
* Accurate coding and timely processing of Company invoices for payment
* Assist Manager of Accounting with tracking of cash position and cash account reconciliation
* Assist the Manager of Accounting with budget management: review monthly variances; identify and book accruals; provide input to monthly reviews with department heads; update the forecast on a monthly basis
* Assist the Manager of Accounting with the development of the annual budget and reporting of other management key metrics
* Ad-hoc reporting: create reports on an as needed basis for company management
* Account tracking for specific items related to other department or VP needsREQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting. CPA or CPA Track preferred.
* 2 years minimum work experience in an accounting related setting (accounting internships count as 1 year).
* General understanding of accrual accounting concepts.
* Ability to be flexible regarding assigned tasks.
* Medium to advanced skills in Excel.
* Experience using accounting software required. Experience with SAP a plus.
* A natural inclination to be inquisitive regarding issues that would relate to accounts payable/budgeting areas.
* Able to embrace the importance of client service and demonstrate a continuous focus in this area.
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal management and vendors.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Able to function well in a team environment.
Standard Accounting Practices