Alion Science and Technology (Alion) seeks a Systems Engineer to serve as technical lead for our Geospatial and Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) support to the US Army's Distributed Common Ground System - Army (DCGS-A) program. The ideal candidate will be located onsite at Aberdeen Proving Ground and will report directly to the Alion Program Manager and will assist the Alion Program Manager in delivering a best value solution to the government customer - on time, on schedule, and on budget.
Alion Science and Technology seeks a Lead Technical Engineer for our GeoSpatial/GEOINT Program. This position co-locates with and supports the government technical lead at Aberdeen Proving Ground. The Alion Lead Technical Engineer will coordinate and monitor the technical efforts of our Alion/subcontractor team in assisting the government customer with applying advanced computing technologies (artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.) to spiral develop for the US Army an enhanced and robust next generation multi-intelligence Common Operating Picture which will automatically deliver updated attributes, imagery, intelligence products, analytics , space, and weather; thereby directly supporting the delivery of Mission Command Intelligence to the Warfighter.
- Technically grasp the complexity of the program, understand customer requirements and deliverables, understand the strengths and capabilities of subcontractors, and oversee the technical activities of the Alion Team (Alion and subcontractors) to successfully execute the program.
- Assist the Alion Program Manager with issue management and risk management (issue management applies resources to address and resolve current issues or problems, while risk management applies resources to mitigate future potential root causes and their consequences).
- Address program risk to ensure program cost, schedule, and performance objectives are achieved at every stage in the development life cycle and to communicate to all stakeholders the process for uncovering, determining the scope of, and managing program uncertainties.
- Work with the government customer and teammate lead engineers to foster technical collaboration, resolve problems, and effect problem resolution to minimize risk to the program.
- The Systems Engineer will participate in event-driven technical reviews to help identify risk areas and the effectiveness of our risk mitigation efforts.
- Assist the Alion technical team in providing the customer with forward-looking technology innovation capable of improving Geospatial/GEOINT system performance and ease of use while reducing complexity.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in analytics, computer science, software engineering, systems engineering, or a related discipline; plus 8 to 12 years of relevant work experience.
- Active Secret clearance is required. TS preferred.
- Experience with the ESRI ArcGIS mapping and analytics platform
- Systems architecture, systems engineering, software engineering, and field deployment for a complex software/hardware program
- Experience in coordinating the technical execution of a complex software/hardware system with a team of ten to twenty engineers
- Spiral software development in a special purpose software integration laboratory (SIL)
- COTS/GOTS integration into complex systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and cloud computing
- Experience with complex software system architecture as a technical lead, systems architect, security engineer, software engineer, and/or data scientist
- Experience in Analytics, Artificial Intelligence , Computer Vision, Data Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning, Geographic Information Systems
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 28396
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Alion Science and Technology delivers advanced engineering, IT and operational solutions to strengthen national security and drive business results. For customers in defense, civilian government and commercial industries, Alion’s engineered solutions support smarter decision-making and enhanced readiness in rapidly-changing environments.
View the full profile
Building on over 75 years of innovation, Alion turns obstacles into opportunities to help customers achieve their missions. Alion employees are located at offices, customer sites and laboratories worldwide.
We are committed to maintaining the highest standards. Several Alion locations are ISO 9001:2008 certified and we maintain a CMMI Level 3-appraised development facility, which employs robust, flexible and scalable processes to produce elegant, yet practical solutions.