To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, OH 45373
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Clopay Building Products • Troy, OH
Posted 3 months ago
Clopay Building Products is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for a CAD Specialist in our Troy, Ohio manufacturing location.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
• Prepare and/or revise product shop drawings upon request.
• Review customers’ specifications or requirements, and if required, work with product engineer to assure accuracy of shop drawing.
• Generate drawings for special product requests or applications.
• Assist the Customer Service Representatives in developing innovative solutions to our customers’ door problems.
• Maintain shop drawing request files, drawing files, and other media or data which are essential to maintaining the shop drawing process.
• Coordinate with Customer Service Representatives to ensure the shop drawing request procedure is being operating properly and to make recommendations to improve the process.
• Prepare detail and assembly drawings, and bills of materials.
• Prepare preliminary layouts and drawings as required for the design of new or modified products or equipment.
• Participate in design decisions and originates new ideas whenever possible.
• Assume responsibility for projects as assigned by supervisor.
• A two year technical degree in mechanical engineering or engineering design or equivalent work experience plus education is required.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in drafting and design, such as product or machine design is required.
• Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, sick and vacation time as well as a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Please visit our website at www.clopay.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
EOE Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We welome applications from Veterans and the Disabled!