Requisition ID: 106644
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate will be a part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the construction process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing structural calculations, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group’s Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is seeking an Early Career Structural Design Engineer for our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ; Omaha, NE; Englewood, CO; Houston, TX, and Dallas, TX.
- Design of temporary structures includes; formwork/falsework design, support of excavation systems, temporary bridges and crane trestles, heavy crane lift planning, Accelerated Bridge Construction techniques, personnel access and fall protection systems, erection and demolition planning, marine engineering, evaluation of existing structures for construction loads, etc. Perform calculations and structural designs
- Ensure accuracy of the design drawings
- Produce engineering design cost estimates
- Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to current design codes, design criteria, and structural theories.
- Have an in depth understanding of the strength, mechanics and behaviors of typical construction materials. Clearly communicate and transfer structural designs and ideas to contract drawings
- Help identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning
- Other responsibilities could include: Project on-site design engineering support, on-site inspections, training and mentoring peers, etc.
- Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering preferred
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
- 0 - 4 years of relevant engineering experience
- EIT licensure or eligibility within the United States
- Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering
- Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
- Experience with working in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Developing interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
Base Compensation: $52,000 - $78,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Ribosomal Intergenic Spacer Analysis