Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
About Our Team and This Role:
Our employees are our greatest asset. We want them to be happy, healthy, and safe as partners in our success. We work together with our employees to sustain the inclusive work environment that has been one of our core values for nearly a century.
We are seeking a new team member who will work within our accounting team. In this role you will be part of the corporate Finance team based out Beacon’s East Rutherford, NJ office. You will work closely with the controller and other team members on projects as well as ongoing accounting work.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Prepare monthly general, standard and recurring journal entries
- Prepare and review internal financial statements
- Analyze income and expense accounts, when necessary
- Complete balance sheet account reconciliations / analysis
- Assist in the year-end audits
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- 1 - 3years of corporate accounting experience, preferably at a public company
- Accounting and Month-End close experience required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required
- CPA / or current CPA candidate preffered but not required
- Prior Sage Fixed Asset required
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Vlookup, Sumif, Pivot tables)
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines
- Analytical skills and knowledge of general ledger accounting
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work extended hours during month-end close
Founded in 1928, Beacon (Nasdaq: BECN) is one of the largest distributors of commercial and residential roofing products, complementary construction, and building materials serving the entire United States and six Canadian provinces. Through strategic investments in new technology and an ever-expanding network of locations throughout the United States and Canada, we help contractors save time, manage work more efficiently, and enhance their businesses.