To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Director of Safety and Training
Transdev North America • Boston, MA
Posted 13 days ago
Transdev North America is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
The Assistant Director of Safety and Training is responsible for administering all safety and training programs in accordance with established policies and procedures under the direction of the Director of Safety and Training.
- Ensures a consistent safety culture at the location by conducting safety training and meetings to ensure all staff are adequately trained and understands safety and security standards.
- Coordinates all safety education programs for the property and coordinates all Driver training activities including initial training and retraining, utilization and supervision of Driver Trainers, and the Driver Training Program.
- Conducts evaluations and inspections to mitigate risk and minimize risk of loss potential; ensures that safety inspections are properly scheduled, carried out, monitored, acted upon, and documented.
- Maintains reporting and risk management tools in an updated and correct fashion.
- Ensures contract compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and Transdev/client policies and procedures.
- Assists in reporting accidents/incidents and subrogating collisions.
- Conducts evaluations and inspections to mitigate risk and minimize risk of loss potential.
- Sets the tone for the location as the expert in EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), CDL compliance and regulations.
- Oversees the successful completion of all safety related reviews/audits .
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. and additional years of the required experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- A valid driver’s license.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- A valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger and School Bus endorsements preferred.
- A Massachusetts School Bus Trainer Certificate preferred.
- Applicable professional certifications preferred.
- Four (4) years of passenger transit safety and training experience of which at least two (2) years were in a supervisory capacity.
- Driver training experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) rules and regulations.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be functional with various types of software including Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to explain and present regulations to others.
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy, and possess good judgement and discretion.
- Must be familiar with defensive driving programs.
- Must be able to create, retrieve and maintain information and reports.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time management skills.
- Must have proven customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers on all levels.
- Ability to manage and work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Drug testing, pre-employment physical, background screenings including a criminal background check and fingerprinting, and satisfactory driving record
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work shifts or flexible work schedules indoors in air conditioned or well-ventilated facilities and outdoors exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time which can be very hot in the summer months and cold during the winter months.
- Long periods of typing or looking at a computer screen in an office or in a cubicle space.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Travel requirement (as a percent): 50% travel between properties and for meetings and outside training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-9963
Position Category General Managers/Assistant General Managers/Operations Managers
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 607
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services