To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Portland, OR
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington
Duration Type: 6 month contract
Pay Rate: Depends on experience
***No Corp 2 Corp or sponsorship at this time***
Responsibilities & Requirements
In this role you will:
- Implement “infrastructure As Code” (IAC), defining cloud infrastructure in reusable, composable building blocks using tools like Terraform.
- Analyze, tune, and manage high-volume persistent storage systems like Elasticsearch.
- Measure and improve the performance, uptime, cost, stability and other operational characteristics of our cloud-based systems using tools like Dynatrace and Datadog.
- Collaborate, educate and work across teams to simplify and scale the tasks involved in building and shipping software through improved tooling, automation, and communication using tools like Docker and Jenkins
- Write playbooks and rehearse scenarios to ensure we have an efficient incident response to support our uptime commitments to our customers
You might be a good fit for the team if:
- You are effective working across engineering specialties and service team boundaries
- You enjoy mentoring and sharing knowledge, practices, and technology
- You're collaborative and encourage a range of ideas to solve problems. You prefer working in a team setting and learning from those around you
- You can demonstrate knowledge and experience with persistent storage best practices, query performance tuning, and maintenance - specifically one or more AWS RDS, GCE Bigtable, Elasticsearch, SOLR, MySQL, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL.
- You have built, deployed, and hosted applications in a major cloud provider such as AWS, GCE, or Azure, and understand the underlying technologies that make this possible, including DNS, Load Balancing, Content Distribution Networks, VPC and others
- You have used Terraform, Ansible, Saltstack or other Infrastructure as Code tools to provision and manage complex systems in a public cloud
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience writing production software in Python, Go, C#, Java, or another major programming language, and also are strong in scripting tools like PowerShell or Bash
- You are familiar with git and understand the role that version control and effective, positive code review has in building great software
- You have a strong understanding of the software development life cycle, and often find yourself seeking and sharing ideas on how to make it better
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178