Cincinnati MainProject Location(s):
Cincinnati, OH 45202 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
The Senior FM manages finance, accounting and cost departments and liaises with Turner local profit centers. Manage regional financial reporting and financial risk management ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide financial and business decision leadership for core business activities and new business opportunities.
- Work closely with profit center and regional executive team as advisor and highly valued partner. Collaborate with SVP and general manager on execution of business strategies, providing support for key business decisions. Participate in monthly EVP strategy and operating meetings.
- Create supportive environment to develop high performing team, provide training opportunities and engage in mentoring.
- Lead accountants and other team members, provide timely performance feedback and contribute to performance appraisals utilizing talent management systems.
- Develop and deliver training to educate staff regarding department processes.
- Collaborate with leadership team on development and preparation of annual profit plan and forecasting reports.
- Develop, analyze and present periodic financial statements and reports for region.
- Continually improve systems, processes and procedures to effectively support region, profit center, regional leaders and finance.
- Lead cash management and profit enhancement initiatives.
- Ensure bonding and insurance is obtained and maintained.
- Assist Tax department with local municipality tax issues.
- Oversee billing issuance, collection and overdue receivables.
- Manage financial compliance to ensure rigorous and ethical standards of compliance with external requirements (GAAP, IAS, FARS, ERISA and IRS) and internal company policies.
- Drive focus on financial risk management and support development and implementation of policies/procedures. Ensure clear and concise communication of standards.
- Active involvement in community and industry.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or related field and 12 years in financial position, advanced business degree and/or CPA preferred
- Must have previous construction industry experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting implications of various contract terms
- Regional management experience required, ability to coach and mentor others
- Advanced MS Excel skills, proficient with financial system applications, SAP, and MS Office
- Executive level presence with ability to negotiate, influence, and engage others
- Executive level presentation skills and tailors communications appropriately
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a sees initiatives through to completion
- Effectively work across functional lines and organizational levels, willing to help out in areas outside of direct responsibility
- Applies business maturity to synthesize complex concepts into actionable information
- Champions continuous improvement
- Lead by example and set standards for performance and behavior
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Coaching And Mentoring