Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Injection Molding Process Engineer is responsible for the qualification and Production process approval of new injection molds. This person develops set-up procedures and documentation for Production Mold Technicians that ensure all quality, efficiency, and safety requirements are achieved. They foster excellent molding practices and assist in training set-up personnel. This is a hands-on position performing sample activities daily. They will investigate, establish, and implement requirements for equipment, tooling, materials, and methods of manufacturing from initial sampling through mass production. The Process Engineer will work under the guidance of the Corporate Process Engineering Manager.
• Perform new tool qualification using a scientific molding approach.
• Recommend any tooling modifications to allow for a robust molding window which will provide quality parts with optimized cycle times while producing the least amount of scrap
• Develops and documents processing and set-up procedures
• Support mold flow analysis reviews for new products and provide guidance for tooling/manifold/gate design
• Lead and support implementation of Scientific/ Decoupled Molding processes
• Lead molding improvements to include cycle time efficiencies, scrap reduction, and establishment of optimal processing parameters.
• Assist with general molding troubleshooting, post repair mold sampling, quality issues, and training
• Project management including DOE's and process capability studies.
• Performs job in a safe manner and strives to meet or exceed company safety goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required, Plastics Engineering preferred.
• Experience working with injection molding machines, operations, setup, and processing of molds and auxiliary equipment.
• Excellent knowledge of engineering thermoplastic resins, processing, tooling and troubleshooting for cosmetic surface requirements
• Ability to properly maintain mold records and document process & procedures
• Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Hands-on Engineering skills.
• Familiarity with analysis tools and methods to solve technical problems (e.g. 3-D modeling, mold filling analysis, finite element analysis)
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and suppliers.
• Able to work independently and demonstrates inherent desire to learn and improve.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.