Deadline: Open until filled
This position is responsible for providing personal training services to clients and development of an individual training program that fits the needs of the client.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum of one certification from the following: ACE, ACSM, NSCA, AFAA, WITS, or NASM required. Must have at least two (2) years of experience in teaching the use of exercise equipment and in exercise programming required. Must have knowledge of exercise science, exercise programs, and an understanding of the benefits of exercising. Must have good organizational, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work a flexible schedule with no guarantee of weekly work hours.
* Become knowledgeable in all Parks Plus Fitness Center programs and services, and enthusiastically support and promote PPFC membership.
* Develop a personal training program for members of Parks Plus Fitness Center who desire this individualized service.
* Perform fitness orientations and fitness assessments to new and existing clients.
* Provide assistance and support to members during scheduled floor hours.
* Maintain agreed upon ratio of personal training sales.
* Maintain a 80% Personal Training:20% Floor ratio or better
* Maintain thorough knowledge of safe operation of all exercise equipment.
* Instruct members on the correct and safe use of all exercise equipment.
* Ensure the fitness center floor is neat and orderly during each shift, including filling the "holders"- spray bottles, tissue, paper towels, etc.
* Clean and check machines and equipment to ensure it is in good working order. Inflating balls, checking exercise bands, etc. and following up with management if something needs correcting.
* Restock or copy all personal training paperwork weekly, including orientation sheets, exercise logs, price sheets, receipt paper, etc. as needed.
* Check the Atrium to be sure it is clean and unattended equipment is returned during each shift.
* Check the Personal Training Book (orientations, personal training requests) each shift to be sure it is up-to-date.
* Use in-house billing system (REC TRAC) to sell personal training and Fitness Center Memberships.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC
Must have and maintain: current CPR/AED certification and certification from a national organization, preferably ACE, ACS, NSCA, AFAA, WITS, or NASM.
Must be able to: frequently move about the facilities; occasionally carry items such as hand weights and barbells weighing up to 50 lbs. and over 50 lbs. with assistance; occasionally position self in positions to maintain fitness equipment, the facility, and assist patrons with the proper use of the equipment; and occasionally use a keyboard and computer. Must be able to demonstrate a tire flip weighing 180 lbs.
This position will primarily work in the fitness center and may be exposed to dust, odors and cleaning chemicals. Must be aware of any hazardous conditions to members.
$20.00 - $25.00 per hour DOE
Flexible hours: mornings, evenings and/or weekends
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Exercise Physiology