To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pittsburg, KS 66762
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Permanency Family Support Worker
KVC Health Systems • Pittsburg, KS
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
KVC Kansas is looking for energetic, positive, caring professionals to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career and a compassionate, flexible work environment – KVC is the place for you!
People matter, and that’s why we exist. By providing in-home family support, therapeutic services, foster care and adoption case management, substance abuse treatment and psychiatric care, KVC touches the lives of over 60,000 children and families each year.
KVC Kansas is looking for a Family Support Worker who will provide service to children and families we serve as well as be a positive team player in assisting Case Managers, Therapists and Supervisors.
The Family Support Worker will:
- assist in the continued goals of the organization to build a child welfare system that is safe, secure, and family centered. KVC relies heavily on community connections and evidence-based practice to provide outstanding care to children and families.
- provide direct services to children and families to assist fellow Case Managers, Therapists and Supervisors within the team including researching community resources for families, participating in case planning conferences, and being a positive role model for families.
- demonstrate experience in working with children and families, superior organization and time management skills and professionalism.
- monitor, correct, and update the data input of team members to ensure continuous data improvement and compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies. Strong computer skills are necessary to maintain documentation in KVC’s proprietary software
Due to the unique needs of the families we serve, this role does not have a predictable schedule. KVC staff have the flexibility to manage their own time to create a positive work-life balance, but there will be evening and weekend work required as well as significant travel time to visit families in their homes. Mileage reimbursement is provided for all company travel.
KVC provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans; nine paid holidays with additional paid time off; 403(b) employee contribution retirement plan and profit sharing plan.
- High school diploma with 2 years’ experience working with children and families OR,
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, family studies, human services or other related discipline is highly preferred.
- Qualified applicants must be at least 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver's license and car insurance.