Supervises two or more full time employees in an assigned plant or department. Plans and
coordinates activities of workers to perform maintenance services, installation or repairs in one or more skill areas such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical repairs, pneumatic, hydraulic,installation, carpentry, painting or vehicle servicing.
- Assigns personnel to shifts and plans daily schedules to provide preventative, predictive and preventative maintenance, repairs and installation of equipment, instrumentation and controls. Coordinates schedule to ensure that maintenance resources are being utilized to achieve project objectives.
- Oversees the human resource functions of assigned team including hiring and firing, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling team. Recommends and provides input for salary and job change actions. Works with HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques.
- Prepares work orders either manually or from a CMMS system as required and prepares work related reports, procurement requisitions, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establishes maintenance schedules and ensures that machines, equipment, tooling and other accessories are properly maintained and in top working condition. Assists in diagnosing and evaluating complex equipment and process failures.
- Ensures that consistent maintenance and quality assurance procedures are followed in all assigned areas and shifts. Ensures that uniform record keeping is performed facility-wide.
- Provides leadership in achieving safety goals. Proactively manage safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified, addressed, and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner.
- Works with operations leadership to recommend and maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in the event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power failure, or need to release dammed water to affect flood control. Executes the plan if necessary.
- Must hold or be working toward the highest level of Water / Wastewater Certification and highest level of Water Treatment Certification as required by site. Must demonstrate knowledge of current and pending water treatment standards, regulations and federal, state and local laws and codes.
- Five to seven years in various positions within a water / wastewater treatment environment with knowledge of methods, principles and practices of operating, maintaining and repairing water treatment plant equipment, instrumentation and associated systems.
- Lead experience or supervisory training required with understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and health and safety.
- Must have an understanding of water /wastewater treatment process engineering, water quality assurance, maintenance strategy and laboratory procedures.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem solving and team building.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution and to execute the schedule requirements within a team environment.
- Must have a general knowledge of budget preparation and understanding of cost control.
- Demonstrated good verbal communications and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements. Ability to use computer systems for preparing work orders and purchasing requisitions.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.