To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newington, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Tape Edge Operator
Corsicana Mattress Company • Newington, CT
Posted 1 month ago
The Tape Edger positions mattress on table and operates sewing machine around table while feeding in materials to be sewn. Ensures quality standards are met or exceeded. Operate a tape edge machine to perform the final steps of the mattress production process. Monitor quality of work from time of receipt to completion of the tape edging process. Start, stop and control speed of tape edge machine and monitor quality of product and finished product. Repair work that is non-conforming by re-sewing incorrect seams. Replace expendable materials such as tape, thread, and guide attachments as needed. Keep supervisor informed of any operational or quality deficiencies. This is the final stage of the mattress assembly operations before packaging.
- Lifts and moves the mattress on and off table for sewing.
- Operates sewing machine, including feeding materials into sewing machine as the sewing machine is moved around the mattress.
- Rethreads sewing machine as needed and ensures quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Changes the needle and/or binding tape for the sewing machine as needed.
- Corrects any defective taping on the mattress prior to packaging.
- Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Maintains clean work area and follows proper safety procedures including wearing any personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Sweeps floors as needed.
- Makes any necessary sewing machine adjustments and handles basic maintenance of sewing machine (ex., lubrication of machine).
- Notifies Production Supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Other duties as assigned
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
The employee is often required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- See Essential Functions
The employee will generally be housed in a climate-controlled, well-lit environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Be able to lift up to 80 lbs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time 40/hr
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years’ experience
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of sewing and quilting machines required
- 2 years previous experience in manufacturing/sewing preferred
- 2 years previous Tape Edge operation experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to responsibly use work related equipment and materials
- Cooperative, team oriented, patient, calm under pressure, and able to work independently
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Basic math aptitude.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Click or tap here to enter text.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Click or tap here to enter text.
Corsicana Mattress Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corsicana Mattress Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Corsicana Mattress Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Corsican Mattress Company employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.