To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tysons, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Government Contract Advisory and Accounting
CohnReznick LLP • Tysons, VA
Posted 1 month ago
CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Manager to join in the Government Contract Advisory and Accounting team located in our Tysons, VA office.
The Senior Associate will work closely with client management to provide timely, efficient accounting and advisory support in the government contracting environment. You will be responsible for preparation and/or overseeing the daily and monthly activities of our clients' accounting departments as well as prepare and coordinate year-end close and post-closing activities. In addition, you will have responsibility to execute a wide range of advisory services on various ongoing special projects with our government contractor clients. Normally this person will be managing and working with 5-7 clients at any given time and performing time-management to prioritize the workload.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service to great clients
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
Provide accounting and advisory support to government contractors in the following areas:
- General ledger analysis and reconciliations
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements and month-end analysis
- Calculation and/or review of indirect rates
- Preparation and review of incurred cost submissions
- Policies and procedures documentation
- Process improvement consulting
- Supervision & training of staff accountants
- Budgeting and cashflow analysis
- Preparation of workpapers for auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA license is a plus
- 4 – 5 years of recent experience in the government contract sector
- Functional User of most Deltek Costpoint modules and Deltek GCS Premier
- Experience with Jamis, Quickbooks, and Unanet a plus
- Knowledge of FAR
- Must have experience in financial statement preparation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Indirect Rates and Incurred Cost Submissions
- Cost proposal preparation a plus
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to do local travel (MD, DC, VA)
- U.S. Citizen
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@CohnReznick.comPlease note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Learn more: www.cohnreznick.com
Connect with us