To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hoboken, NJ
- Karen Lopera
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior UI Developer
TEKsystems, Inc • Hoboken, NJ
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Client owns hundreds of Brands as well as their web sites- there are over 1200 in their portfolio including GracoBaby.com, Sharpie.com, Dymo.com, Rubbermaid.com. The Ecommerce team needs to harmonize, consolidate, and work on re-branding efforts for these sites over the next few years.
Client Job Description
The client is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for particular locations and facilities.
The Digital Technology Team is responsible for the development and support of the client's branded and E-Commerce websites globally, such as GracoBaby.com, Sharpie.com, Dymo.com, Rubbermaid.com, and many other. In addition, the team is also responsible for relevant Enterprise Web Application Development and Enterprise Systems Integration projects.
This role will be responsible for working on a team of web developers as a senior contributor specializing in front-end technologies (HTML5, CSS3, JS). Oversight of the CMS system and its template development will also be in scope.
* Uses their creativity and knowledge to lead teams responsible for balancing and solving product design, development and data needs.
* Provide decisive and effective technical leadership for a team of seasoned developers skilled in front end technologies
* Ability to work within a geographically distributed team of 7+ developers comprised of a combination of employees and contractors with both an onshore and offshore component
* Experience with estimation best practices and software development lifecycle management
* Role will often be involved at certain phases of the project lifecycle from intake to delivery and will be considered one of the team members that has key input into a solution that is well-architected, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule
* Demonstrate technical leadership abilities to our brands with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules
* Helps coordinate release and sprint planning with developers and other stakeholders
* Prior experience as an individual developer where the focus was on designing and building advanced software solutions that scale across hundreds of servers and meet aggressive fault tolerance standards
* Ability to work with other Information Technology teams to implement system improvements and standardization.
* Responsible for keeping pace with new releases for purchased applications including patch releases.
* Ability to conduct code reviews.
* Familiarity with DevOps practices
• Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (Computer Science, Engineering)
Work Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience in various application development roles
• Experience working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
• At least 5 years' experience developing front end solutions for eCommerce and/or product-Brand web sites
• Strong knowledge of integration to back-end Java technologies is preferred
• Strong familiarity writing unit tests is preferred.
• Strong familiarity using GIT for source code management is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of linting, profiling techniques, memory management and web page performance tuning is preferred
• Strong knowledge of CMS platforms
• Familiarity with various hosting models (cloud/PaaS/on-prem)
• Ability to work independently, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction
• Familiarity of working in a multi-vendor environment
• Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team
• Ability to create business requirements documentation as needed
• Ability to convert business requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of self-motivation and initiative, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively: This position requires courteous and professional communication with customers, co-workers, and management, both verbally and in writing
• Proven ability to establish effective, professional working relationships with co-workers
• Commitment to quality and operational excellence.
• Strong attention to detail.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.