To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
406 State Street
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Applications Engineer - West Texas
IDEX Corporation • Cedar Falls, IA
Posted 17 days ago
Business Unit: Viking Pump
406 State Street
Cedar Falls, Iowa, 50613-3343
The Pipeline Injection team at Viking Pump is looking for a customer-minded and self-motivated individual with a high mechanical aptitude to join their team to provide exceptional customer service, pump application support, and technical field support to their end users and fabricators, primarily located in the West Texas area.PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide technical application assistance within the company and externally to end users and fabricators as well as review application details on orders and inquiries.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide pump application, selection and troubleshooting assistance to fabricators, end users, internal sales, and external sales personnel where a high degree of expertise is required.
Works with end users and fabricators (and EPC’s if applicable) in the proposal phase to ensure pump system best practices are properly implemented in an effort to increase pump reliability.
Reviews all orders from a specified geographical area when pump application details are given or when there may be some question to the proper application of pumps in question.
Prepares certified pump performance test requests when specified on the order. Works with customer contact and lab to review test results.
Assist with purchased product selection, application, and other information as required to process customer contracts and provide information to the customers.
Technical liaison with Engineering.
Prepare material and take a lead role in technical training programs. (May be the sole presenter in offsite training programs). This would include basic seminars, new product training, end user training, and new employee training.
Assist in preparation of published technical documents such as Technical Service Manuals and white papers covering product and process descriptions.
Assist in development and maintenance of a technical knowledge database that would include liquid experience database, mechanical seal database and technical information as determined by customer needs.
Participate in direct sales and troubleshooting calls as required by field sales. Coordinate with local repair facilities to teardown and inspect pumps that have failed prematurely and make recommendations to improve reliability.
Participate in new product projects as required with regards to application review process and technical service concerns.
Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum 1-2 years working experience in a field relating to liquid handling or rotating equipment.
• BS Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Industrial Technology Degree desirable, or equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
HS Diploma or equivalent required.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Must have good organizational abilities.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Must maintain internal and external customer relationships.
• Must possess good diagnostic/troubleshooting abilities
• Must be self motivated.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to move within office and manufacturing complex, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
• Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
• Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
• General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and all levels of corporate and company personnel.
- Frequent contact with distributors, end users, internal and external Sales personnel, Marketing personnel, and Engineering personnel.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled