Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Service Teams Lead at our Papillion or Omaha, Nebraska location. The primary purpose of this job is to oversee the daily operations of an inbound phone team and the day to day activities of Member Service Representative (MSR) team members. The role may perform the duties of the Manager, Service Unit in the manager’s absence.
*Work schedule: Monday - Friday 10:30 - 7:00 PM CST
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise a team of MSRs daily to include establishing goals, priorities and expected performance level of the team.
- Administer stated objectives, goals and performance standards for MSRs in assigned team and assist in ensuring that goals are met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with service center management staff in the development and support of business unit-level initiatives.
- Provide input to the Manager, Service Unit regarding hiring, staffing, disciplinary action and training for service center team members.
- Maintain subject matter expertise to ensure the ability to lead specialized staff in various skills, including sales and technical support.
- Coordinate and implement inbound phone unit operations as required, according to policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize unit staff meetings.
- Review service center documents for accuracy, legibility and completeness.
- Maintain current knowledge of PenFed products and procedures, and products offered by competitors.
- Review policies, procedures, and guidelines and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that all procedural updates or changes are distributed to MSRs.
- Prepare statistical reports relating to inbound phone unit operations.
- Act as an Assistant Treasurer within assigned authority
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred. Minimum of six (6) years of work experience in banking operations or equivalent required. Experience with PenFed Credit Union products preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in member service is required.
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Knowledge of statistics preferred.
- All member contact and leadership decisions must be provided in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with COVID-19, we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with applicable current local and state guidance.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at
- Technical Support
- Banking Services