Franchise General Manager/Operations
Are you looking for a growth opportunity to use your proven Operations, Management, Sales, Financial or Small Business experience? Are you ready to make a difference in the growing senior care industry? If so, you might be our new General Manager for the Abilene, Texas franchise. The General Manager is responsible for successfully directing and coordinating all activities in the franchise for growth and development of the business. Due to a current promotion to Global Headquarters, we are excited to add a leader to this growing franchise and compassionate team.
- Competitive Salary, Incentive and Benefit Package
- Reflect the core values of the franchise an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise.
- Develop and manage the annual franchise operational plan and budget.
- Achieve the annual operational plan’s revenues, gross profit, profitability and other operational goals by the stated milestones.
- Motivated by profitable sales growth
- Compliant with Texas state regulations and franchise standards requirements
- Provide leadership and management of all Home Instead® departments such as finance, staffing, human resources, client services and home care sales which affect operational efficiency and achievement of the operational goals.
- Manage outcomes of all department activities and direct changes that will drive achievement of operational goals.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with referral sources in the community.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are implemented and communicated to all employees.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, coaching, problem resolution while seeing positive outcomes.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Five years of related operations, business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Preferred, not required. Two years of management or supervisory experience in industry licensed agency for state administrator qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by HI Fort Worth, LLC d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills is essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with office colleagues, the franchise owner, clients and the community
- Must have the ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must have the ability to operate technology systems
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends as required
- Must have knowledge of the senior-care industry
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must be able to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must be able to recruit quality Key Players
- Delivering Results
- Customer Service
- Influencing & Persuading
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Interpersonal Communication
- Motivating Others
- Managing Others
- Coaching & Development Others
- Relationship Management
- Planning & Organizing
- Decisive Judgment
More than a Business: A Mission in Life
For more than 25 years Home Instead is the global leader in senior care with more than 1,200 franchise locations and employing 90,000 CAREGivers. We all share the same mission with our CAREGivers, our staff and our communities. When you choose Home Instead, you are partnering with us on our mission to improve the lives of seniors (and their families) everywhere.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Complex Problem Solving