Requisition ID: 119881
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) District is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. KIE has an immediate opening for a Design-Build Estimator in our growing Design-Build Delivery group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design-Build Estimating Department, which includes management of all pursuit engineering efforts and estimating for the following disciplines: structural, geotechnical/foundations, civil, drainage, roadway, MOT, rail, and materials. As an Estimator, you will prepare, review and present discipline estimates for specific project proposal activities.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of our Lone Tree, CO office.
• Develop complete estimates for large, complex jobs.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Review, analyze, and interpret Contract Documents (RFP, specifications, etc.) and home office legal department opinions.
• Perform all tasks related to quantity takeoffs and pricing of design-build projects in the infrastructure market.
• Manage one or more teams of estimators to complete multiple, simultaneous estimates.
• Coordinate with engineers/designers to provide constructability input and value engineering for preliminary project plans.
• Participate in and/or lead Task Force Meetings, brainstorms, and working sessions with engineers/designers.
• Identify, quantify, and communicate Risk throughout the estimating process.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Perform site visits and investigations as needed.
• Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related degree preferred.
• Experience with estimating and delivery of design-build projects.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
• 7+ years of construction experience with at least 2 years of experience in estimating on infrastructure projects.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
• Experience with InEight Estimate (HardDollar) preferred.
• Experience with CADD and 3D Modeling software preferred.
• Possess strong analytical/mathematical and computer skills.
• Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and techniques.
• Knowledge of construction safety and current Federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Must be willing to travel as the job requires.
Base Compensation: $85,000 - $110,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Attention To Detail