At Ada S. Mckinley we transform lives and strengthen communities. We are seeking talented individuals who will join us in furthering the mission of the agency which is to serve and bring lasting positive change to underprivileged communities in the Chicago area. Our staff is our most valued asset and as such we offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, LTD, retirement, life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement).
OVERVIEW: We currently have an opportunity available for a Social Service Worker with our Child Welfare Services department. This position will render direct casework to clients within agency policies and programs, under the direction of the Program Manager or designated supervisor.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Implements plans of action for cases, following established procedures.
- Works with client/family to make modification on the recommended treatment plan.
- Interviews potential clients in agency offices or by telephone; obtains background information on the client and determines appropriateness of the request for service.
- Interprets the agency's services to potential applicants.
- Carries a selected caseload, providing direct social services to the clients in order to meet their basic environmental and psycho-social needs.
- Maintains progress notes and attends case review meetings, court dates, and collateral staffings and provides appropriate documentation from staffings.
- Performs a variety of casework duties, including obtaining, analyzing and evaluating data related to cases.
- Works closely with funding agency representatives.
- Develops a written treatment plan, including goals and time lines for goal attainment.
Education: The position requires a minimum Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, with a major in one of the Behavioral Sciences i.e., Social Work, School Guidance Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, School Psychology, Criminal Justice, etc.
Experience: Minimum two years of administrative experience within an office setting.
Additional Qualifications: This position required the use of a personal auto, a valid driver's license, a Motor Vehicle Report acceptable to the agency's insurance broker and verification of insurance coverage.